The Conspiracy to Win


THE CONSPIRACY TO WIN
By
AMLAN BASU



FADE IN

1. INT.   --     HOME     --                DAY  1

Rahul is ready and well-groomed to go for the interview. He is making pranam to his parents.

RAHUL
I have an urgent need for a job. So, I hope I will get it.

AJAY
I know Rahul, your job interview will remain successful today. Don’t worry about my son.

He pats his back of Rahul.

CHITRA
God’s Grace Rahul. Good day, today.

Rahul shows positive signs to his parents including his sister.

2. INT.    –-    OFFICE       --          DAY  2

Rahul is sitting on a sofa in the office with other interviewees. The receptionist called Rahul.

RECEPTIONIST
Mr. Rahul, Just go to the extreme right-side cabin.

RAHUL
Ok. Madam.

Rahul enters the cabin and sees the interviewer.

RAHUL
Good Morning Sir.

INTERVIEWER
Mr. Rahul. Sit down, please.

INTERVIEWER
Tell me about yourself?

RAHUL
I am Rahul Dutta. I have done an MA with Economics honors. After that, I completed MBA in Marketing. I have worked as an Admin Manager for four years in Redmax Pvt. Ltd.

Interviewer interrupts

INTERVIEWER
Why you have left your previous organization?

RAHUL
I have left Redmax for a better prospect, Sir.

INTERVIEWER
How do you fit as a Personal Secretary in our organization?

RAHUL
I will give my best to fulfill my job position requirements.

INTERVIEWER
Who is in your family?

RAHUL
My parents and my only sister.

INTERVIEWER
What is your salary expectation?

RAHUL
Minimum twenty percent hike of my previous salary.

INTERVIEWER
If you are selected, how soon you can join?

RAHUL
Immediately after getting my Offer letter.

INTERVIEWER
Ok, Rahul. You sit again for some time. I will call you back.

Rahul sits on the sofa and reads magazines. One hour passed, he has called by the Interviewer again and Rahul goes to the cabin.

INTERVIEWER
Hi Rahul. You have been selected for the job. Do you have taken all the original certificates?

RAHUL
Yes, of course.

Rahul brings certificates from his file. The interviewer is giving an Offer letter to Rahul.

INTERVIEWER
So, you are joining from tomorrow?

RAHUL
Yes Sir.

INTERVIEWER
So, please come in sharp at 9.30 a.m.

RAHUL
OK.

3. INT.    –-    OFFICE       --          DAY  3

Rahul has got his seat, a desktop computer, and an intercom telephone handset. Manager Dipak has come to greet him.

DIPAK
Hi Rahul. Nice to meet you. You are joining as a Personal Secretary?

RAHUL
Yes Sir. Thanks.

DIPAK
You have to report to our COO Mina madam. After she comes, she will explain your job profile. You have to do a lot of high-pressure jobs for Mina madam.

RAHUL
Ok.

DIPAK
After 11 a.m. I will introduce you to our bosses, staff and office boys.

RAHUL
Ok, Sir.

DIPAK
Nice to meet you. Hope you will do well in our organization.

RAHUL
I will do my level best to accomplish my task. 

Mina enters the office with blue jeans and a vanity bag She is quite fair with heal and lipstick on her lips. Rahul sees her at a glance. After some time Rahul is called into his cabin. 

RAHUL
Good Morning madam.

MINA
Nice to meet you Rahul. Happy journey. Please sit down. I will explain to you what to do now. Have tea or coffee?

RAHUL
Tea. 

Mina rings her bell. The Office boy comes.

Mina
Take two cups of tea and two glasses of water immediately.

The office boy goes to bring water and tea.

MINA
Rahul, we are organizing a business conference on the day after tomorrow. So, you have to be very proactive to do this job successfully. One of our Juliet will explain to you all this. She again calls Pradip. 

MINA
Pradip, please come and meet. Pradip comes into the cabin. 

MINA
What's happened to the conference room booking?

PRADIP
Not gotten it done yet, but I am trying to close it soon.

MINA
Do it first, time is running. The meeting is arranged for the day after tomorrow and we have already invited the guests across India and abroad. 

PRADIP
I have not found any suitable cost-effective conference room in a short while. 

MINA
Listen, you don't have to do this job. Rahul will do it.

RAHUL
I would like to know some details prior to booking the hotel.

MINA
You just sit with Juliet. She will explain everything. I want to book it today itself. Don't delay. Start now.

SCENE 4- INT. - OFFICE  - DAY   4

Rahul sits with Juliet with a diary. Juliet is explaining and Rahul is noting down. 

JULIET
You have understood. Rahul, What I have told you?

RAHUL
Yes.

JULIET
It seems hard to you now. If you go in my direction, you will do it successfully. 

RAHUL
I have to do a banquet hall booking anyway today.

JULIET

It's possible. I have done it earlier. Don't listen to the other person's comments. I know, you'll do it and you can prove yourself to Mina madam.

RAHUL
Thank you madam for the right suggestion.

Then Rahul is working in his office and made numerous phone calls.

Then Rahul is in a car to meet the Sales Manager in a five-star hotel, "The Luxury".

SCENE 5 - INT. - HOTEL - DAY 5

Rahul is sitting with the Sales Manager in a meeting room. 

RAHUL
Is it final? We can book the conference room for the day after tomorrow dtd. 22nd May 2020.

SALES MANAGER
But, we can,t offer you a good possible rate for what you have asked for. This is a pick season. 

RAHUL
Give me a moment. I will tell you.

Rahul picks up the phone and calls Mina.

RAHUL
Madam, I have already confirmed for "Hotel Luxury" at 22nd May conference. The rates are a bit high. 

MINA
How much?

RAHUL
It will take around 10 Lakh with all-inclusive for five hundred people.

MINA
The cost is very high. Tell them to negotiate. 

RAHUL
They have already negotiated. Now, they are not ready to negotiate and asking me to confirm immediately.

MINA
Are you tried other hotels like The Beauty, Glorious, Victory, or Symphony?

RAHUL
I have tried everywhere but all exist. 

MINA
Ok., I will let you know within ten minutes after discussing it with our MD. 

RAHUL
Ok. Madam. 

MINA
Go with this. Our MD has given approval.

RAHUL
Ok.

SCENE 6. - INT. - OFFICE - DAY 6

Ashok is doing a close meeting in his cabin with Pradip, Dipak, Antara. Ashok is telling in a low tone.

ASHOK
See! Mina is shrewdly playing her game. She has dishonored our faithful Pradip and given his job to the newcomer Rahul. 

DIPAK
It is absolutely 





 























 




 





                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

45 Types of Humor with Examples

Script Consultant Jobs

Romantic Concepts by Myself