PARALLEL PROPOSALS

Title: PARALLEL PROPOSALS
Credit: Written by Amlan Basu
Source: original Idea 
Copyright: Copyright@2022
Draft date: 14/10/2022
Contact: 91-7506









 




























JUHI

That's right.

NITIN

So, I have finalised my decision about my marriage.

In the meantime, Nitin's parents and one of his aunties enter the drawing room. Sona became perplexed by seeing them. It's her first husband, whom she met after twenty-five years. Jagat also feels very uncomfortable seeing Sona.

JAGAT

No, I will not allow my son's marriage to this girl.

NITIN

Why father? What happened?

JAGAT

(Angrily) 

No reason. I won't be able to stand here 

For this girl and her family, for a moment. Don't ask me further about this. My decision will not change.

Anit and Sona become humiliated.

SONA

Let's move now. We are also not interested any more.

Nitin looks at his father angrily.

NITIN

Why are you insulting them, my father?

JUHI

Nitin, I don't expect this type of nonsense behaviour from your father. I am also closing all the relationships with you today.

ANIT

Come, Juhi. Don't tell me to come here again. I am really frustrated.


Anit, Sona, and Juhi leave the room hurriedly.

2. EXT. IN CAR NIGHT

Anit is driving the car towards home.

SONA

This is Jagat, my ex-husband. He has not changed his bad behaviour. I am scared in my mind what the condition of Juhi will be to become a member of this family.

ANIT

I understood the facts. I am not going to spoil my daughter's life. I will see to it that Juhi gets the perfect marriage proposal now and arrange for her marriage immediately.

JUHI

Give me some time, father.

SONA

Listen, Juhi, you can set your mind for some time. But, we will send you some other places to change your mind. Just forget and forgive Nitin.


JUHI

I will not go anywhere without you and your father. I am so confused and my brain is not working now.

The car is parked in the neighborhood, and all three of them enter their home.


 3. INT. NITIN'S HOME NIGHT

Nitin is arguing with his parents, and his parents have no mood to listen to him.

NITIN

If you're not allowing my marriage with Juhi, don't tell me about it again. I am not going to get married again.

JAGAT

Don't irritate me Nitin. I have told you once, no, that's no and it is my final decision.

DOLA

Stop Nitin. Don't argue with your father unnecessarily. He will always be there for you. There is a reason why he does not agree with you.

NITIN

You don't understand my mind. I love Juhi and I would like to marry her. I know, I will be happy with her. So, what is the problem?

JAGAT

I am not ready to answer your question. Yet, I am telling you, I will choose a beautiful girl from a cultured family who will be better than your past love.

NITIN

That's absolutely not possible. I cannot stop myself from marrying my lover.

JAGAT

I also don't want you to meet with the girl anymore. I will be very tough on you otherwise.


Nitin exits from the home unpleasantly. 

DOLA

Nitin has stepped out. Now, tell. Me Jagat, what is the reason behind your refusal? 

JAGAT

Don't ask me, I've had horrible experiences with her. 

DOLA

Who is she? Is she your ex-wife? 

JAGAT

Yes, you have understood finally. After my divorce from her, she is married for a second time. That is why I am not interested in moving ahead with the proposal. 

DOLA

But, Juhi is Nitin's love. How will we solve his problem? But, I am asking you, what is the wrong with this? Don't worry about it, just leave it to me and I will manage it. 

JAGAT

Sona and I cannot be friends. I dislike her.

 DOLA

Why are you worried about this? She may have already forgotten the bitter facts of twenty five years ago. AI have also told you that you will no longer be involved.

JAGAT

Don't try to convince me. I will be the final decision maker in Nitin's marriage. Tell Nitin that he should drop his plan to marry Juhi. 

DOLA

You can't make your only son unhappy. Your blunt decision has already hurt him.

DOLA

Why are you worried about this? She may have already forgotten the bitter facts of twenty five years ago. AI have also told you that you will no longer be involved.

JAGAT

Don't try to convince me. I will be the final decision maker in Nitin's marriage. Tell Nitin that he should drop his plan to marry Juhi. 

DOLA

You can't make your only son unhappy. Your blunt decision has already hurt him. 

JAGAT

Angrily

Please don't take Nitin's side against me. You don't know me, I will force you to leave home. No, Nitin will not marry Juhi. I will punish Juhi if she tries to meet my son. 


Dola became furious and left Jagat.


4.INT  RESTAURANT    DAY

Nitin is sitting alone in a restaurant, drinking tea and calling to Juhi to connect her. But, no response from the other side. Nitin looks frustrated. 

NITIN

Hello Juhi, Hello Juhi! 

NITIN

Hello, Hello

The two friends meet him, but he is in a sad mood. 

PRASUN

You look so frustrated, Nitin. What's happened to you? I have never seen you so pale before. 

NITIN

No matter, Prasun. I am just thinking. 

PRASUN

Nothing happened. So, let's take a break together. 

NITIN

Not now friend. I will step out occasionally. You have fun and enjoy. 

RAKESH

Have you ever broken up with your lover? Tell us, we will try to solve your problem. 

NITIN

Laughing without any sound. 

No, no. It's working well. Do you have tea, coffee? 

RAKESH

No, no. We have just finished drinking tea. 

PRASUN

Okay. Nitin, we are leaving now. Please let us know if you need any assistance. Bye. 






 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

45 Types of Humor with Examples

Script Consultant Jobs

Romantic Concepts by Myself